National Night Out events in the Bay Area
Tuesday night, cities around the Bay Area and country will be promoting peace on neighborhood streets.
It's the 27th annual National Night Out. The block parties encourage neighborhood cooperation and crime fighting.
Several Bay Area cities are planning Night Out events:
6pm - 8:00pm -- Morgan Hill City Hall front lawn
Located at 17555 Peak Ave
5 p.m. -- Oakland National Night Out kick-off with Mayor Ron Dellums and other city officials.
Location: City Hall Plaza, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Oakland
Contact: Sandra Sanders-West (510) 238-6577 or (510) 773-0462
5 p.m. -- Richmond National Night Out
Location: Macdonald Avenue Shopping Center Parking Lot, Richmond
Contact: Michelle Milam (510) 685-0490
5 p.m. -- San Francisco Ingleside Station National Night Out.
Location: 2800 Alemany Blvd., San Francisco
Contact: (415) 553-1651
5 p.m. -- Pleasanton National Night Out. 38 Block Parties.
Contact: Shannon Revel-Whitaker (925) 931-5240
5 p.m. -- San Jose National Night Out 2010.
Contact: Kim Gaddis (408) 277-4133
6 p.m. -- San Francisco National Night Out.
Location: Tenderloin Children's Playground, 570 Ellis St., San Francisco
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 41 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 26 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
51 min ago