CHP reports increase in Bay Area DUI arrests
The California Highway Patrol is reporting an increase in statewide and Bay Area drunken driving arrests over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Provisional numbers released by the CHP today showed that officers statewide made 975 DUI arrests between Wednesday Evening and Saturday morning, compared to 904 arrests for the same period in 2009.
CHP officers in the Bay Area arrested 177 drunken drivers over the holiday weekend, compared to 137 arrests in 2009.
There have been no DUI fatalities on Bay Area roadways this year, whereas one person was killed as a result of a DUI crash in 2009.
thanksgiving, DUI, CHP, local news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point? 32 min ago
- Kitten stolen from San Francisco shelter
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos