Bay Area sandbag locations
There are several places around the Bay Area where you can pick up sandbags.
San Carlos sandbag spots:
Sand bags and a shovel are available on a self-serve basis for San Carlos residents and businesses at the City Corporation Yard at 1000 Bransten Road, San Carlos, between Industrial Road and Old County Road. Please limit 10 sandbags per resident. Parking lot is open 24x7.
For reporting flooding or any emergency related issues during business hours, please call Public Works at (650) 802-4140 or (650) 802-4204. After hours emergencies should be reported to Dispatch at (650) 802-4321.
We ask for reporting parties to please be patient with us during the stormy weather as we get a large volume of emergency calls. We will certainly do our best to be able to respond to as many calls as we possibly can.
In addition, the Public Works Department is checking catch basins and City crews have been assigned to storm duty to check the creeks and hot spots.
Menlo park sandbag spots
SANDBAG LOCATIONS: (Open only during rainy season)
1. Civic Center - Alma Street and Burgess Drive
2. Central Menlo Park - Pope Street and Laurel Avenue
Palo Alto sandbag spots
Mitchell park 600 E Meadow Drive
Palo Alto Airport
san mateo county, rain, flooding, santa clara county, marin county, local news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday