Card club director appears in federal court
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- The director of a card club in Emeryville has been charged in federal court as part of an investigation into organized crime and tax evasion.
Alameda resident Hoa Nguyen, 47, is the director of Asian gaming at Oaks Card Club. It was raided last week along with Artichoke Joe's Casino in San Bruno.
Nguyen is accused of making illegal bank deposits in order to avoid having to report more than $900,000 in transactions to the federal government.
emeryville, crime, san bruno, local news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday