Card club director appears in federal court
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- The director of a card club in Emeryville has been charged in federal court as part of an investigation into organized crime and tax evasion.
Alameda resident Hoa Nguyen, 47, is the director of Asian gaming at Oaks Card Club. It was raided last week along with Artichoke Joe's Casino in San Bruno.
Nguyen is accused of making illegal bank deposits in order to avoid having to report more than $900,000 in transactions to the federal government.
emeryville, crime, san bruno, local news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival 58 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun 58 min ago
- Man prefers 3D-printed hand to pricey prostheses 23 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 5 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos