AAA offering free tows for 'tipsy' drivers
AAA Northern California is offering free tows to drivers who drink too much while celebrating Cinco de Mayo Thursday.
The free tow, which is valid within 10 miles of the driver's home, is offered between 6 p.m. this evening and 6 a.m. Friday. Drivers should call (800) AAA-HELP and tell the AAA operator "I need a tipsy tow."
Additional passengers will be taken to the driver's home as long as there is room for them to be transported safely in the tow truck, AAA Northern California spokeswoman Cynthia Harris said.
AAA is not accepting reservations for the free rides.
DUI, holiday, AAA, local news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 7 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos