AAA offering free tows for 'tipsy' drivers
AAA Northern California is offering free tows to drivers who drink too much while celebrating Cinco de Mayo Thursday.
The free tow, which is valid within 10 miles of the driver's home, is offered between 6 p.m. this evening and 6 a.m. Friday. Drivers should call (800) AAA-HELP and tell the AAA operator "I need a tipsy tow."
Additional passengers will be taken to the driver's home as long as there is room for them to be transported safely in the tow truck, AAA Northern California spokeswoman Cynthia Harris said.
AAA is not accepting reservations for the free rides.
DUI, holiday, AAA, local news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos