Report: Mother made up Botox story for money
There is a stunning development in the "Botox mom" investigation. The mother is now retracting her statements that she injects her 8-year-old daughter with Botox to remove wrinkles for beauty pageants.
Entertainment website "TMZ" says it obtained a sworn declaration from the woman who had called herself Kerry Campbell. The woman now identifies herself as Sheena Upton, and says the hoax began when she was approached by the British tabloid, "The Sun," to play the role of a mom named Campbell. She says "The Sun" paid her $200 and even provided a script telling her what to say.
Upton claims 'GMA' and another TV show offered her a large fee for an on-camera interview. The fallout from those interviews led California Child Protective Services to remove her daughter from her home.
In today's statement, Upton claims she had her daughter examined by UCLA Medical Center and "the results indicated that she has never received treatments including Botox or other such injections".
ABC News released a response to this development, saying it's "vigorously investigating the most recent statement and rapidly shifting story. 'Good Morning America' has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story.
And in yet another development, 'The Sun' newspaper is denying that it gave Upton a script, and says it only published the story after a reporter watched the mom give an injection that looked like Botox to her daughter.
plastic surgery, botox mom, local news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 11 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 24 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 22 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos