PG&E venting gas to prepare for pressure testing
PG&E is advising residents in Oakland and the San Carlos-Redwood City border to expect to smell natural gas.
PG&E began venting a natural gas pipeline near the intersection of Edgewood Road and I-280 on the San Carlos-Redwood City border and at 52nd Avenue and San Leandro Street in Oakland.
The venting is in preparation for pressure testing on a section of the pipeline. PG&E is conducting the tests in response to last September's pipeline explosion.
PG&E, oakland, san carlos, redwood city, local news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos