Second suspect arrested in 1980 fatal stabbing
HOUSTON -- A second suspect has been arrested in the fatal stabbing of a man back in 1980.
Avacu Arroyo, 60, is charged with murder in the 185th State District Court. He was arrested without incident at his place of work on October 25 in Chicago, Illinois, and has been extradited to Houston.
His brother, Epifanio Jaime Arroyo, 55,, was arrested on October 19 in Georgia and is also charged with murder in the 185th State District Court.
Police say on July 12, 1980, officers responded to a report of a stabbing in the parking lot outside the "La Chancla Club" at 2900 Luell. Further investigation determined the Arroyo brothers and the victim were involved in a dispute inside the club. The victim, Miguel Angel Frias, 31, suffered stab wounds to the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Avacu and Epifanio Arroyo fled the scene and were charged the following month with murder.
Avacu Arroyo, along with his brother, used multiple names and changed their identities throughout the past 31 years in an attempt to evade arrest.
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 43 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 59 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
59 min ago
abc7news.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos