Some Bay Area residents may notice cloudy water
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- People living in the Peninsula, South Bay and East Bay could see cloudy water coming from their tap soon.
Starting Monday, milky-white water may pour out of the tap for those residents due to routine maintenance on a tunnel that brings water from the Hetch Hetchy reservoir.
The water is safe to drink and it will clear up after it settles.
Water should return to normal in the area by Jan. 7.
water, hetch hetchy, local news
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 52 min ago
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry 10 min ago
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos