3 sea lions returned to the Pacific
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- It was a day of celebration for the Marine Mammal Center in Marin County. Staff members and volunteers helped return three California sea lions to the Pacific.
The sea lions spent the last month and a half getting nursed back to health after being rescued in Monterey Bay. Two of the sea lions were treated for bacterial infections and the third was malnourished.
The Marine Mammal Center has rescued 530 animals this year alone.
animal, animals in peril, monterey bay, marin county, marine mammal center, local news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 53 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league 58 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos