3 sea lions returned to the Pacific
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- It was a day of celebration for the Marine Mammal Center in Marin County. Staff members and volunteers helped return three California sea lions to the Pacific.
The sea lions spent the last month and a half getting nursed back to health after being rescued in Monterey Bay. Two of the sea lions were treated for bacterial infections and the third was malnourished.
The Marine Mammal Center has rescued 530 animals this year alone.
animal, animals in peril, monterey bay, marin county, marine mammal center, local news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike 17 min ago
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 29 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday