Artist wants to add moving lights to the Bay Bridge
BAY BRIDGE (KGO) -- An artist wants to add moving lights to the Bay Bridge to reflect the mood of the Bay.
The installation would have 25,000 bulbs flickering from its cables. The artist, Leo Villereal, said the lights would be programmed to pulse to the pace of the winds and the tide.
Caltrans would need to approve the project and it would need $7 million in private donations. The artist claims the lights would not be seen by drivers on the bridge. The lights would be turned on every night for two years.
bay bridge, local news, amy hollyfield
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home 15 min ago
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae 33 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday