Power restored to thousands around Bay Area
SAN FRANCIS -- The remaining 208 customers without power this morning in North Richmond were expected to have their power restored by 6:30 a.m. after ten of thousands of customers were in the dark since 11:15 p.m. Friday night, a PG&E spokeswoman said.
More than 28,000 customers in Richmond were in the dark overnight because of a transmission outage, spokeswoman Jana Morris said. A majority of customers had power restored by 5 a.m. this morning.
At least 700 other customers in Berkeley were also affected by outages late Friday night but have since had power restored, Morris said.
After 19,000 customers were impacted by either a transmission or substation outage around 2:20 a.m. in parts of Castro Valley and Hayward, power has returned for all but 43 customers this morning. The remaining customers are expected to see restoration by 7:30 a.m., Morris said.
In Redwood City, 814 customers along Brewster Avenue who were impacted by an outage that began at 3 a.m. have since had power returned, Morris said.
castro valley, hayward, richmond, redwood city, PG&E, power outage, local news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 5 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos