BART riders prefer new vinyl seat covers
BART customers are giving a thumb's up to the new vinyl seat covers on trains.
A random survey of riders found three-quarters prefer the new seat covers to the fabric ones. The positive response means BART will now outfit 100 more cars by the end of July. Seat in more than 50 cars have already been switched to those new covers.
By the way, BART says the new seats are 100-percent American made and are expected to last up to 10 years compared to the three-year life expectancy of fabric seats.
BART, local news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- SJ City College student claims $2.3M Powerball prize 59 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- SJ City College student claims $2.3M...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos