BART temporarily lifts bike ban on certain days
Bicyclists who ride BART will be able to take their wheels on board trains all day on Fridays, beginning in August.
The agency is lifting a ban on bikes during commute hours on some Friday trains as part of a pilot program. BART wants to see how well the trains can carry bicycles during the busiest hours of the day. Riders are being asked for comments on the program.
Existing bike restrictions in effect Monday through Thursday haven't changed.
bikes, BART, local news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion 12 min ago
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 49 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
33 min ago