BART temporarily lifts bike ban on certain days
Bicyclists who ride BART will be able to take their wheels on board trains all day on Fridays, beginning in August.
The agency is lifting a ban on bikes during commute hours on some Friday trains as part of a pilot program. BART wants to see how well the trains can carry bicycles during the busiest hours of the day. Riders are being asked for comments on the program.
Existing bike restrictions in effect Monday through Thursday haven't changed.
bikes, BART, local news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos