BART temporarily lifts bike ban on certain days
Bicyclists who ride BART will be able to take their wheels on board trains all day on Fridays, beginning in August.
The agency is lifting a ban on bikes during commute hours on some Friday trains as part of a pilot program. BART wants to see how well the trains can carry bicycles during the busiest hours of the day. Riders are being asked for comments on the program.
Existing bike restrictions in effect Monday through Thursday haven't changed.
bikes, BART, local news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 16 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 23 min ago
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms 1 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 28 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos