BART temporarily lifts bike ban on certain days
Bicyclists who ride BART will be able to take their wheels on board trains all day on Fridays, beginning in August.
The agency is lifting a ban on bikes during commute hours on some Friday trains as part of a pilot program. BART wants to see how well the trains can carry bicycles during the busiest hours of the day. Riders are being asked for comments on the program.
Existing bike restrictions in effect Monday through Thursday haven't changed.
bikes, BART, local news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 13 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety 31 min ago
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 18 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates 28 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 30 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos