BART temporarily lifts bike ban on certain days
Bicyclists who ride BART will be able to take their wheels on board trains all day on Fridays, beginning in August.
The agency is lifting a ban on bikes during commute hours on some Friday trains as part of a pilot program. BART wants to see how well the trains can carry bicycles during the busiest hours of the day. Riders are being asked for comments on the program.
Existing bike restrictions in effect Monday through Thursday haven't changed.
bikes, BART, local news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 14 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
12 min ago