Missing retired firefighter may have fallen from train
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The search for retired San Francisco firefighter Charlie Dowd is expanding.
The family is now focusing on a 160-mile stretch of train track between Colorado and Nebraska.
The 69-year-old San Mateo man left California Wednesday on a train bound for Chicago, but never made it there..
After searching Amtrak stops along the route, family members now believe Dowd may have fallen from the train Thursday night.
sffd, missing person, amtrak, san mateo, local news
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday