Missing retired firefighter may have fallen from train
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The search for retired San Francisco firefighter Charlie Dowd is expanding.
The family is now focusing on a 160-mile stretch of train track between Colorado and Nebraska.
The 69-year-old San Mateo man left California Wednesday on a train bound for Chicago, but never made it there..
After searching Amtrak stops along the route, family members now believe Dowd may have fallen from the train Thursday night.
sffd, missing person, amtrak, san mateo, local news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday