Farmers markets accept Red Cross donations to help Hurricane Sandy victims
You can help victims of Hurricane Sandy by donating to the American Red Cross while you shop at any of more than 60 Bay Area farmers' markets.
The Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association is setting up donation boxes for cash or checks.
There's a famers' market near you -- with 14 in Alameda County, 15 in Contra Costa County, 8 in San Mateo County and a dozen more in Santa Clara County.
Those donation boxes will be located at information booths now through November 18.
To find a market in your area, visit http://www.pcfma.com/markets.php. For more information, call 800-949-3276 or 925-825-9090.
red cross, storm, new york, local news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos