Farmers markets accept Red Cross donations to help Hurricane Sandy victims
You can help victims of Hurricane Sandy by donating to the American Red Cross while you shop at any of more than 60 Bay Area farmers' markets.
The Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association is setting up donation boxes for cash or checks.
There's a famers' market near you -- with 14 in Alameda County, 15 in Contra Costa County, 8 in San Mateo County and a dozen more in Santa Clara County.
Those donation boxes will be located at information booths now through November 18.
To find a market in your area, visit http://www.pcfma.com/markets.php. For more information, call 800-949-3276 or 925-825-9090.
red cross, storm, new york, local news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday