Boy Scouts collect food for Thanksgiving food drive
The Boy Scouts will conduct one of the nation's largest food drives Saturday, going door-to-door collecting non-perishable items for local food banks.
Here in the Bay Area more than 40,000 scouts will be picking up boxed or bagged food placed on doorsteps by 9 a.m.
The drive is called "Scouting for Food" with a Bay Area goal of collecting 450,000 pounds of food this year.
food, local news
- Nelson Mandela has died at age 95 1 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday