Nurses on strike at 10 Bay Area hospitals
Hundreds of Bay Area nurses have walked off the job for the second time in three weeks.
The California Nurses Association says nurses are striking at eight hospitals operated by Sutter Health and two San Jose hospitals operated by Hospital Corporation of America. They are holding rallies and picketing as both sides remain at odds over staffing levels, sick leave and other issues.
The hospitals affected include medical centers in - Oakland, Berkeley, Castro Valley, San Leandro, Antioch, Novato, Vallejo and San Jose.
List of locations:
- Novato Community Hospital, 180 Rowland Way, Novato
- Alta Bates Summit, 2450 Ashby, Berkeley
- Alta Bates Herrick Campus, 2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley
- Eden Medical Center, 20103 Lake Chabot Road, Castro Valley
- Sutter Delta, Antioch, 3901 Lone Tree Way, Antioch
- Sutter Solano, Vallejo, 300 Hospital Drive, Vallejo
- Alta Bates Summit, Oakland, 350 Hawthorne, Oakland
- San Leandro Hospital, 13855 E. 14th Street, San Leandro
Another 1,500 RNs will be on strike for one-day, Nov. 20, at:
- Regional Medical Center, 225 North Jackson Ave., San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital, 2425 Samaritan Drive, San Jose
san jose, strike, local news
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 31 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 2 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 39 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 47 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
47 min ago