Nurses on strike at 10 Bay Area hospitals
Hundreds of Bay Area nurses have walked off the job for the second time in three weeks.
The California Nurses Association says nurses are striking at eight hospitals operated by Sutter Health and two San Jose hospitals operated by Hospital Corporation of America. They are holding rallies and picketing as both sides remain at odds over staffing levels, sick leave and other issues.
The hospitals affected include medical centers in - Oakland, Berkeley, Castro Valley, San Leandro, Antioch, Novato, Vallejo and San Jose.
List of locations:
- Novato Community Hospital, 180 Rowland Way, Novato
- Alta Bates Summit, 2450 Ashby, Berkeley
- Alta Bates Herrick Campus, 2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley
- Eden Medical Center, 20103 Lake Chabot Road, Castro Valley
- Sutter Delta, Antioch, 3901 Lone Tree Way, Antioch
- Sutter Solano, Vallejo, 300 Hospital Drive, Vallejo
- Alta Bates Summit, Oakland, 350 Hawthorne, Oakland
- San Leandro Hospital, 13855 E. 14th Street, San Leandro
Another 1,500 RNs will be on strike for one-day, Nov. 20, at:
- Regional Medical Center, 225 North Jackson Ave., San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital, 2425 Samaritan Drive, San Jose
san jose, strike, local news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 38 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 22 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested 54 min ago
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 3 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 43 min ago
- Police arrest man, 3 teens for attempted home burglary 26 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos