DUI arrests rise from last year during Thanksgiving
The California Highway Patrol has reported a rise in DUI arrests in the Bay Area for the first day of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
The CHP reports 50 DUI arrests were made Wednesday with zero fatal collisions. There were 39 DUIs this time a year ago.
Across the state there were 262 DUI arrests, which is down from 267 last year, according to the CHP.
thanksgiving, DUI, CHP, local news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay 48 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos