DUI arrests rise from last year during Thanksgiving
The California Highway Patrol has reported a rise in DUI arrests in the Bay Area for the first day of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
The CHP reports 50 DUI arrests were made Wednesday with zero fatal collisions. There were 39 DUIs this time a year ago.
Across the state there were 262 DUI arrests, which is down from 267 last year, according to the CHP.
thanksgiving, DUI, CHP, local news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 17 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified 46 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday