New '628' area code may be introduced soon
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some residents in the "415" area code may soon have a new area code.
The "415" code currently covers San Francisco, Marin County, and parts of the Northern Peninsula, but it's expected to run out of numbers by 2015, so a new area code, "628," will soon be introduced.
Public meetings on the change start next month.
marin county, local news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 8 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe 59 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 6 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 15 min ago
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos