Woman dies in fiery crash on central expressway
A woman was killed early this morning when her car struck a tree in Mountain View, police said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash on Central Expressway near state Highway 85 at about 12:20 a.m., according to Mountain View police.
A woman driving a Chevrolet sedan swerved into a center divide and struck a tree, police said. Her vehicle burst into flames upon impact.
Firefighters responded and quickly extinguished the fire.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
Excessive speed was believed to be a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation by the Mountain View Police Department.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to contact the police department at (650) 903-6344.
mountain view, crash, local news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 4 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos