Woman dies in fiery crash on central expressway
A woman was killed early this morning when her car struck a tree in Mountain View, police said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash on Central Expressway near state Highway 85 at about 12:20 a.m., according to Mountain View police.
A woman driving a Chevrolet sedan swerved into a center divide and struck a tree, police said. Her vehicle burst into flames upon impact.
Firefighters responded and quickly extinguished the fire.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
Excessive speed was believed to be a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation by the Mountain View Police Department.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to contact the police department at (650) 903-6344.
mountain view, crash, local news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday