Woman dies in fiery crash on central expressway
A woman was killed early this morning when her car struck a tree in Mountain View, police said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash on Central Expressway near state Highway 85 at about 12:20 a.m., according to Mountain View police.
A woman driving a Chevrolet sedan swerved into a center divide and struck a tree, police said. Her vehicle burst into flames upon impact.
Firefighters responded and quickly extinguished the fire.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
Excessive speed was believed to be a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation by the Mountain View Police Department.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to contact the police department at (650) 903-6344.
mountain view, crash, local news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos