Woman dies in fiery crash on central expressway
A woman was killed early this morning when her car struck a tree in Mountain View, police said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash on Central Expressway near state Highway 85 at about 12:20 a.m., according to Mountain View police.
A woman driving a Chevrolet sedan swerved into a center divide and struck a tree, police said. Her vehicle burst into flames upon impact.
Firefighters responded and quickly extinguished the fire.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
Excessive speed was believed to be a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation by the Mountain View Police Department.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to contact the police department at (650) 903-6344.
mountain view, crash, local news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 1 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos