Firefighters extinguish fire at cement plant
CUPERTINO, Calif. -- Firefighters extinguished a one-alarm fire at a cement plant in Cupertino this morning, a Santa Clara County fire dispatcher said.
The fire was reported at about 5:45 a.m. at Lehigh Southwest Cement Plant, located at 24001 Stevens Creek Blvd, the dispatcher said.
Truck equipment and tires were believed to have been damaged in the blaze, the dispatcher said.
No one was injured, and the fire was under control at about 7:45 a.m.
The cause remains under investigation.
cupertino, fire, evacuation, local news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit 36 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...