Firefighters extinguish fire at cement plant
CUPERTINO, Calif. -- Firefighters extinguished a one-alarm fire at a cement plant in Cupertino this morning, a Santa Clara County fire dispatcher said.
The fire was reported at about 5:45 a.m. at Lehigh Southwest Cement Plant, located at 24001 Stevens Creek Blvd, the dispatcher said.
Truck equipment and tires were believed to have been damaged in the blaze, the dispatcher said.
No one was injured, and the fire was under control at about 7:45 a.m.
The cause remains under investigation.
cupertino, fire, evacuation, local news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire 24 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos