RTC seeking public's input on transportation projects
The Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission is seeking the public's input on transportation projects at an upcoming hearing, the commission said.
The hearing will allow the public to recommend transportation projects within its roughly $5 million budget, according to the commission.
The county received funding requests for 19 projects totaling more than $8 million, $3 million more than the available funding, coming from local shares of state and federal transportation funding, the commission said.
Some of the projects recommended to receive funds include several roadway repairs and rehabilitations; folding bicycles for bus riders; a bicycle-pedestrian bridge over Branciforte Creek at the San Lorenzo River path in Santa Cruz; and Aptos Village transportation modifications.
Projects approved for funds will be included in the county's Regional Transportation Improvement Program.
More information can be found on the projects at www.sccrtc.org/funding-planning/project-funding/ or the commission's office, during business hours, at 1523 Pacific Ave. in Santa Cruz.
The hearing is scheduled for Thursday at 10 a.m. at the County Board of Supervisors Chamber, at 701 Ocean St., in Santa Cruz,
transportation, santa cruz, local news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos