Juvenile arrested for assault on police officer
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A juvenile was arrested for assaulting a San Jose police officer on Friday at a DUI checkpoint in south San Jose where officers screened more than 1,000 vehicles, police said.
Police contacted the young driver at the intersection of Blossom Hill Road and Snell Avenue, just east of state Highway 85, where the checkpoint was held beginning at 9 p.m., police said.
In addition to the crime of assaulting an officer, the juvenile was arrested on suspicion of possession of a stolen vehicle and driving under the influence of marijuana, police said.
One adult was arrested at the checkpoint on suspicion of DUI, police said.
Officers screened 1,053 drivers total, police said.
crime, SJPD, DUI, local news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 2 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos