Juvenile arrested for assault on police officer
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A juvenile was arrested for assaulting a San Jose police officer on Friday at a DUI checkpoint in south San Jose where officers screened more than 1,000 vehicles, police said.
Police contacted the young driver at the intersection of Blossom Hill Road and Snell Avenue, just east of state Highway 85, where the checkpoint was held beginning at 9 p.m., police said.
In addition to the crime of assaulting an officer, the juvenile was arrested on suspicion of possession of a stolen vehicle and driving under the influence of marijuana, police said.
One adult was arrested at the checkpoint on suspicion of DUI, police said.
Officers screened 1,053 drivers total, police said.
crime, SJPD, DUI, local news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash 22 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting 19 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos