Santa Clara County holds gun buyback event
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara County is holding what it hopes will be the Bay Area's biggest gun buyback event on Saturday.
So many people turned out at a recent gun buyback event in Marin County that authorities ran out of cash.
The buyback event will be held at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in San Jose from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Authorities will pay up to $100 for each handgun, shotgun and rifle and will pay $200 for assault weapons.
guns, san jose, local news
- 5-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 17 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality 11 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos