Santa Clara County holds gun buyback event
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara County is holding what it hopes will be the Bay Area's biggest gun buyback event on Saturday.
So many people turned out at a recent gun buyback event in Marin County that authorities ran out of cash.
The buyback event will be held at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in San Jose from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Authorities will pay up to $100 for each handgun, shotgun and rifle and will pay $200 for assault weapons.
guns, san jose, local news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Cold snap damages plants in Bay Area yards
47 min ago