Santa Clara County holds gun buyback event
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara County is holding what it hopes will be the Bay Area's biggest gun buyback event on Saturday.
So many people turned out at a recent gun buyback event in Marin County that authorities ran out of cash.
The buyback event will be held at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in San Jose from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Authorities will pay up to $100 for each handgun, shotgun and rifle and will pay $200 for assault weapons.
guns, san jose, local news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Sex trafficking case investigated in Berkeley
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos