Census Bureau: Bay Area population growing
Friday, March 15, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Bay Area is getting more crowded according to the Census Bureau.
The agency estimates San Jose's population is now around 967,500, up more than 21,000 from 2010.
San Francisco has about 813,000 people, up 7,600.
Finally, Oakland's population is just under 396,000, up 5,100.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
oakland, san jose, local news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 59 min ago
- 2 hospitalized after stabbing in San Francisco 32 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos