Two-alarm fire damages roofing supply building in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A possible arson fire damaged a commercial building and a neighboring structure in San Jose this morning, according to a fire captain.
The blaze was reported at an outbuilding next to a building housing a Western Roofing Supply business on Lonus Street near Lincoln Avenue around 11 a.m., San Jose Fire Capt. Mike Van Elgort said.
Crews arriving on the scene saw heavy fire coming from a small outbuilding attached to the roofing supply business building.
The flames quickly spread from the smaller building to the main commercial building and a second alarm was called, Van Elgort said.
Firefighters got the fire under control around 12:20 p.m., the captain said.
The blaze displaced one person living in the outbuilding, and the American Red Cross was called to provide housing assistance.
Van Elgort said investigators believe the fire may be suspicious but have not yet determined a cause.
No injuries were reported in connection with the blaze and a damage estimate was not available.
fire, san jose, local news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
57 min ago