Four Bay Area high schools make top 100 in US
Four of the top high schools in the U.S. are located in the Bay Area according to new rankings by U.S. News and World Report.
Pacific Collegiate School in Santa Cruz ranked number 11 nationally. It also made top high school in California and one of the top five charter schools in the U.S.
American Indian Public High School in Oakland was number 38 nationally. Lowell High School in San Francisco was number 48. And, Mission San Jose High School in Fremont was number 79.
The magazine says California has nearly one-third of the schools that earned a gold or silver medal in national rankings.
fremont, oakland, santa cruz, local news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract 40 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 47 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute 20 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos