CHP: 15 traffic deaths over Memorial Day weekend
It's been a busy three days for the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP reports 15 traffic deaths on the roads over the Memorial Day weekend, four more than last year. Six of those killed were not wearing a seatbelt.
Statewide, more than 1,100 were arrested for driving under the influence. That's only slightly down from last year.
In the Bay Area, there have been 165 DUI arrests and two fatal crashes
memorial day, DUI, drugs, piedmont, local news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 15 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 12 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos