CHP: 15 traffic deaths over Memorial Day weekend
It's been a busy three days for the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP reports 15 traffic deaths on the roads over the Memorial Day weekend, four more than last year. Six of those killed were not wearing a seatbelt.
Statewide, more than 1,100 were arrested for driving under the influence. That's only slightly down from last year.
In the Bay Area, there have been 165 DUI arrests and two fatal crashes
memorial day, DUI, drugs, piedmont, local news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 28 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 31 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos