CHP: 15 traffic deaths over Memorial Day weekend
It's been a busy three days for the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP reports 15 traffic deaths on the roads over the Memorial Day weekend, four more than last year. Six of those killed were not wearing a seatbelt.
Statewide, more than 1,100 were arrested for driving under the influence. That's only slightly down from last year.
In the Bay Area, there have been 165 DUI arrests and two fatal crashes
memorial day, DUI, drugs, piedmont, local news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos