CHP: 15 traffic deaths over Memorial Day weekend
It's been a busy three days for the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP reports 15 traffic deaths on the roads over the Memorial Day weekend, four more than last year. Six of those killed were not wearing a seatbelt.
Statewide, more than 1,100 were arrested for driving under the influence. That's only slightly down from last year.
In the Bay Area, there have been 165 DUI arrests and two fatal crashes
memorial day, DUI, drugs, piedmont, local news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 40 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County 28 min ago
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos