Air Quality District offering to buy back high-polluting cars
If you have an older car, now may be a good time to get some money for it. The Bay Area Air Quality District has $7 million to get higher-polluting cars off the roads.
The car must be a 1994 model or older, it must be registered in the bay area -- and in drivable condition and it has to pass a smog check.
Those who qualify can get $1,000.
bay area air quality management district, local news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday