Air Quality District offering to buy back high-polluting cars
If you have an older car, now may be a good time to get some money for it. The Bay Area Air Quality District has $7 million to get higher-polluting cars off the roads.
The car must be a 1994 model or older, it must be registered in the bay area -- and in drivable condition and it has to pass a smog check.
Those who qualify can get $1,000.
bay area air quality management district, local news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 29 min ago
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 21 min ago
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
1 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
17 min ago