Meteor lights up Bay Area sky for third night in a row
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- A bright meteor lit up the Bay Area sky on Friday night.
Bay Area News Group photographer Ray Chavez snapped pictures of it from San Lorenzo and then tweeted them.
This is the third night in a row that large meteors have been spotted.
Right now we are in the midst of the South Taurids meteor shower.
It peaked last month, but can still produce stunning shooting stars.
space, NASA, youtube, local news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 13 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday