San Francisco has plenty of options for New Year's revelers
The countdown is on as the Bay Area gets ready to say goodbye to 2013 and ring in 2014! If you plan to come to San Francisco to celebrate New Year's Eve, consider taking mass transit.
The midnight fireworks show south of the Ferry Building always draws a crowd. Traffic advisories are already posted -- drivers should expect delays from 11 p.m. New Year's Eve through 1 a.m. New Year's morning.
Extra bus and train service is scheduled and in most cases it'll be free. Muni is offering free rides from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. and will add extra service. BART will operate extra trains on normal weekday hours until 3 a.m.
AC Transit will have regular service.
SamTrans has free rides from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
And Caltrain has free rides starting at 8 p.m., with extra train service after the fireworks. The last train departs San Francisco at 2:15 a.m.
If you're still looking for something to do New Year's Eve, check out our comprehensive list of fireworks shows and events --> http://abc7ne.ws/18p3xPI
new year's eve event, new year's eve, holiday, transportation, local news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday