East Bay News
Collisions close parts of Caldecott Tunnel
At least two collisions and a resulting fire in the Caldecott Tunnel have closed the middle bore to westbound traffic heading into Oakland this afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A collision involving at least three vehicles was reported at the east side of Bore 2 and another collision was reported inside the tunnel, CHP Officer A. Paulson said.
A fire at the very west end of the middle tunnel has also contributed to the mess of crashes, Paulson said.
The middle Caldecott Tunnel, Bore 2, has been completely closed. A Sig-alert was issued around 12:45 p.m. and there is no estimated time of opening, Paulson said.
Westbound traffic has continued in Bore 3 and eastbound traffic in Bore 1.
east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday