East Bay News
Family of man shot by officer hires lawyer
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- The family of a Hayward man who was shot and killed by a BART officer on Thursday has hired Oakland Civil Rights Attorney John Burris to investigate the death.
Burris describes the circumstances surrounding the death of 22-year old Oscar Grant as an outrageous set of facts.
Police say Grant was unarmed when he was shot in the back at the Oakland Fruitvale Station, at 2:00 a.m. on New Year's morning.
Grant was among a group of men police were trying to separate after a report of an argument on the train.
BART Police and the Alameda County District Attorney's office are investigating the incident.
east bay news
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 9 min ago
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Child injured in fall from second-story window in SF 14 min ago
- SF police ask for help in solving 2012 B2B homicide
- Patrols increased after attempted armed robbery 8 min ago
- Shooting in Oakland kills 1, injures another
- Crews battle fire at inner Mission apartment building
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos