East Bay News
Rodeo girl found shot near railroad tracks
RICHMOND, CA -- A teenage girl who was found fatally shot near the railroad tracks in Richmond Sunday has been identified as 17-year-old Rodeo resident Kianna Smith, Richmond police Sgt. Bisa French said Monday.
A train conductor saw Smith's body at about 12:45 p.m. near Brookside Drive and Giant Road and called police, French said.
Investigators so far have no leads in the case and are asking anyone who saw or heard anything to come forward, French said.
The case is similar to a Feb. 3 homicide in which a train conductor spotted the body of 30-year-old Richmond resident Tamara Webb near the railroad tracks behind the Triangle Court housing complex, about a mile from where Smith was found.
Webb had been shot several times, French said. Investigators are looking into whether the two murders are connected, but so far have no reason to believe they are, French said.
Smith is the city's sixth homicide victim so far this year.
east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 5 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement 21 min ago
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced
- Target shopper files suit over security breach 15 min ago
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set 14 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos