East Bay News
Rodeo girl found shot near railroad tracks
RICHMOND, CA -- A teenage girl who was found fatally shot near the railroad tracks in Richmond Sunday has been identified as 17-year-old Rodeo resident Kianna Smith, Richmond police Sgt. Bisa French said Monday.
A train conductor saw Smith's body at about 12:45 p.m. near Brookside Drive and Giant Road and called police, French said.
Investigators so far have no leads in the case and are asking anyone who saw or heard anything to come forward, French said.
The case is similar to a Feb. 3 homicide in which a train conductor spotted the body of 30-year-old Richmond resident Tamara Webb near the railroad tracks behind the Triangle Court housing complex, about a mile from where Smith was found.
Webb had been shot several times, French said. Investigators are looking into whether the two murders are connected, but so far have no reason to believe they are, French said.
Smith is the city's sixth homicide victim so far this year.
east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos