East Bay News
Rodeo girl found shot near railroad tracks
RICHMOND, CA -- A teenage girl who was found fatally shot near the railroad tracks in Richmond Sunday has been identified as 17-year-old Rodeo resident Kianna Smith, Richmond police Sgt. Bisa French said Monday.
A train conductor saw Smith's body at about 12:45 p.m. near Brookside Drive and Giant Road and called police, French said.
Investigators so far have no leads in the case and are asking anyone who saw or heard anything to come forward, French said.
The case is similar to a Feb. 3 homicide in which a train conductor spotted the body of 30-year-old Richmond resident Tamara Webb near the railroad tracks behind the Triangle Court housing complex, about a mile from where Smith was found.
Webb had been shot several times, French said. Investigators are looking into whether the two murders are connected, but so far have no reason to believe they are, French said.
Smith is the city's sixth homicide victim so far this year.
east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos