East Bay News
Teen passes out, dies at house party
ORINDA, CA (KGO) -- A teenager is dead and his high school football teammate arrested after a house party, in the East Bay. Authorities say it appears Joseph Loudon drank himself to death Saturday night.
It was a double tragedy for the community.
Around 11:00 p.m. the fire department was called to a home where 16-year old Joseph Loudon was reported to be intoxicated and unresponsive. Officials say there was a large crowd and house party at the house.
Loudon was taken to Kaiser Hospital in Walnut Creek where he was pronounced dead around midnight. Loudon was a well-known athlete at school in the community,
"Joe Loudon played varsity football. He was on varsity track and field and he played varsity rugby with me. He was a great guy and he was always hard working," said teammate Zack Purdy.
The party took place at a home on Hillcrest Drive in Orinda, the same street where Loudon lived. Orinda police arrested 18-year-old Patrick Gabrielli Sunday morning and charged him with contributing to the delinquency of someone under 18 and furnishing alcohol to a person under 21.
Gabrielli was booked in to county jail in Martinez and was later released on bail. Police say they are out to use every resource available to them to interview, investigate and determine if others are criminally liable.
A community service was held Sunday at a local church.
east bay news, leslie brinkley
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos