East Bay News
Teen passes out, dies at house party
ORINDA, CA (KGO) -- A teenager is dead and his high school football teammate arrested after a house party, in the East Bay. Authorities say it appears Joseph Loudon drank himself to death Saturday night.
It was a double tragedy for the community.
Around 11:00 p.m. the fire department was called to a home where 16-year old Joseph Loudon was reported to be intoxicated and unresponsive. Officials say there was a large crowd and house party at the house.
Loudon was taken to Kaiser Hospital in Walnut Creek where he was pronounced dead around midnight. Loudon was a well-known athlete at school in the community,
"Joe Loudon played varsity football. He was on varsity track and field and he played varsity rugby with me. He was a great guy and he was always hard working," said teammate Zack Purdy.
The party took place at a home on Hillcrest Drive in Orinda, the same street where Loudon lived. Orinda police arrested 18-year-old Patrick Gabrielli Sunday morning and charged him with contributing to the delinquency of someone under 18 and furnishing alcohol to a person under 21.
Gabrielli was booked in to county jail in Martinez and was later released on bail. Police say they are out to use every resource available to them to interview, investigate and determine if others are criminally liable.
A community service was held Sunday at a local church.
east bay news, leslie brinkley
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records 43 min ago
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor 19 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos