East Bay News
Orinda teen had drugs in system
ORINDA, CA (KGO) -- Investigators say autopsy results show an Orinda teen who died at a house party in May, had high levels of a erectile drug in his system.
Joseph Loudon, 16, a student at Miramonte High School, died May 23rd.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, his blood alcohol level was low, but he had Papaverine in his system -- a prescription drug used to treat erectile dysfunction.
Combined, investigators say the drug and the alcohol caused the teen to choke on his vomit.
Authorities are looking into whether he took the drug intentionally, and if so, how he got it.
**Please Note: Since this report was first published, ABC7 has learned officials were incorrect in reporting Loudon died with papaverine in his system. It was learned on September 14, 2009 that an organ donation staff member injected the drug into Loudon's body after he died. More on that story here: Orinda teen didn't die with drugs in system
Today's latest headlines | ABC7 News on your phone
Follow us on Twitter | Fan us on Facebook | Get our free widget
east bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 48 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
40 min ago