East Bay News
Orinda mom unhappy with investigation
ORINDA, CA (KGO) -- The mother of an Orinda teenager who died after attending a house party suggests her son may have been drugged and she is demanding more be done in the investigation into his death.
In a letter to the district attorney's office, the mother of 16-year-old Joseph Loudon wrote, the investigation is "strangely out of focus and shockingly passive."
Marianne Payne claims police have dismissed evidence and refuse to hear possible tips.
Loudon died in May. Alcohol and a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction were found in his system.**
Police have not responded to the letter.
**Please Note: Since this report was first published, ABC7 has learned officials were incorrect in reporting Loudon died with papaverine in his system. It was learned on September 14, 2009 that an organ donation staff member injected the drug into Loudon's body after he died. More on that story here: Orinda teen didn't die with drugs in system
east bay news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward 29 min ago
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday