East Bay News
Orinda mom unhappy with investigation
ORINDA, CA (KGO) -- The mother of an Orinda teenager who died after attending a house party suggests her son may have been drugged and she is demanding more be done in the investigation into his death.
In a letter to the district attorney's office, the mother of 16-year-old Joseph Loudon wrote, the investigation is "strangely out of focus and shockingly passive."
Marianne Payne claims police have dismissed evidence and refuse to hear possible tips.
Loudon died in May. Alcohol and a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction were found in his system.**
Police have not responded to the letter.
**Please Note: Since this report was first published, ABC7 has learned officials were incorrect in reporting Loudon died with papaverine in his system. It was learned on September 14, 2009 that an organ donation staff member injected the drug into Loudon's body after he died. More on that story here: Orinda teen didn't die with drugs in system
east bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 12 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
12 min ago