East Bay News
Hasanni's foster parents could be released
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- The foster parents of missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell could be released from jail by Tuesday if formal complaints are not filed by then.
Louis Ross and his fiancée Jennifer Campbell were taken into custody Friday on suspicion of murder. That means police have 48 hours from the time of the arrests, not including the weekend, to file formal charges.
Police say they are now looking for Hasanni Campbell's body and they are investigating the case as a homicide.
Investigators would not say what led to the couple's arrest or why they now believe the 5-year-old is dead.
east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos