East Bay News
Hasanni's foster parents could be released
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- The foster parents of missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell could be released from jail by Tuesday if formal complaints are not filed by then.
Louis Ross and his fiancée Jennifer Campbell were taken into custody Friday on suspicion of murder. That means police have 48 hours from the time of the arrests, not including the weekend, to file formal charges.
Police say they are now looking for Hasanni Campbell's body and they are investigating the case as a homicide.
Investigators would not say what led to the couple's arrest or why they now believe the 5-year-old is dead.
east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday