East Bay News
Oscar Grant's father files lawsuit
The father of the man shot to death by a BART police officer on New Year's Day has filed his own federal lawsuit against BART, the officer, and others involved.
That's according to the Oakland Tribune.
Oscar Grant's father has been serving a life sentence for first degree murder throughout his son's entire life.
Former BART Police Officer Johannes Mehserle is charged with second degree murder in Grant's shooting.
Today's latest headlines | ABC7 News on your phone
Follow us on Twitter | Fan us on Facebook | Get our free widget
east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 42 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
38 min ago