East Bay News
Funeral services held for De La Salle teen
PITTSBURG, CA (KGO) -- Funeral services were held Tuesday for a De La Salle High School freshman who died suddenly during a basketball pickup game last week.
Family and friends of Darius Jones gathered at First Baptist Church in Pittsburg.
The speakers included De La Salle head basketball coach Frank Allocco and ABC7's Dan Ashley.
Ashley met Jones a couple of years ago while doing a story about Friends of Camp Concord, his charity effort that sends deserving kids to summer camp.
Jones lived in Pittsburg but attended De La Salle in Concord. He collapsed while playing basketball in a youth league.
Authorities are still waiting for autopsy results to determine exactly why he died.
east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos