East Bay News
Oakland mayor admits mistake in South Africa trip
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums admits he made a mistake by not reporting a trip to South Africa paid for by the South African government.
Dellums office says he made the trip in 2008 to accept an award for his work on ending apartheid. But, he didn't file the required forms reporting travel paid for by an outside party.
Failing to report such trips could violate California's Political Reform Act, and result in a $5,000 fine.
Dellums' office says it will file the forms.
ron dellums, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...