East Bay News
Teen girls attack classmate, post on YouTube
BENICIA, CA -- Two teenage girls from Benicia were arrested Saturday evening after they assaulted a classmate, filmed the attack and posted the video on YouTube, according to police.
The girls, ages 12 and 14, were booked into Solano County Juvenile Hall for felony assault after luring a 13-year-old classmate to a field and attacking her on two separate occasions, police said. At about 4:45 p.m. Saturday, the victim met the suspects at an open field at Robert Semple Elementary School. They had told her they had property of hers that they wanted to return, police said. Once she arrived, the suspects repeatedly hit the victim in the head, pulled her to the ground and pulled her hair, police said. She suffered minor injuries to her neck and head. At about 5:30 p.m., the victim's mother reported the incident to police. The victim said it was the second time the suspects had attacked her at the elementary school field. The first incident occurred at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to police. The victim told officers that the suspects had taped the first attack with a cell phone and posted it on YouTube. Officers found the video online and arrested the two girls, police said. They were booked on felony assault charges. All three girls attend Benicia Middle School, according to police.
benicia, crime, caught on tape, east bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 54 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 28 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
26 min ago