East Bay News
Nancy Garrido may have two lawyers at hearing
PLACERVILLE, CA (KGO) -- There could be some confusion during a hearing in the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping case Friday afternoon. Two attorneys are expected to show up to defend Nancy Garrido.
An appellate court judge recently ruled that attorney Gilbert Maines could continue to represent Nancy Garrido, who is accused with her husband of holding Dugard hostage for 18 years.
Maines has previously been thrown off the case after allegedly bragging about a possible book deal.
Maines has denied that and was re-instated by the appellate court.
The problem is that the judge actually hearing the case against Nancy Garrido already appointed another attorney to defend her.
jaycee dugard, nancy garrido, phillip garrido, crime, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 57 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed 25 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Bay Point man arrested in connection with '95 murder 13 min ago
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
57 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos