East Bay News
3 arrested during fight at Pinole Valley High School
PINOLE, CA -- About 30 police officers and sheriff's deputies responded to Pinole Valley High School this morning to control a fight that broke out in the school's cafeteria.
The melee resulted in three arrests and minor injuries to both officers and students.
The fight started at about 11:40 a.m. during the students' lunch break on the campus at 1108 Bissell Ave., police said. A school resource officer detained one of the students and was trying to take him out of the cafeteria when other fights began.
To control the large crowd, the officer requested assistance from nearby jurisdictions, and officers from the Pinole, Hercules and Richmond police departments and Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office responded.
Three students were arrested, one for challenging another student to fight, a second for obstructing an officer, and a third for threatening an officer.
One Pinole police officer was hit in the head and another scraped his hand while making an arrest. Several students were slightly injured but no officers or students required medical attention.
West Contra Costa Unified School District spokesman Marin Trujillo said the lunch break was shortened and students were returned to their classes, but that the fight had no other effect on school operations.
pinole, east bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday