East Bay News
14-year-old girl jumps from moving car on I-80
PINOLE, CA -- A 14-year-old girl was airlifted to Children's Hospital in Oakland on Thursday evening after she jumped out of a moving car on Interstate Highway 80 in Pinole during an argument with her father, California Highway Patrol Officer Tom Maguire said today.
The girl was in an argument with her father at about 5:15 p.m. on westbound Highway 80 east of Appian Way.
Her father, a 57-year-old San Pablo man, pulled over to the right shoulder and had slowed the car to about 10 mph when the girl jumped out, Maguire said.
She sustained several lacerations and was knocked unconscious when she landed.
Her father stopped and called for help. By the time emergency crews arrived, the girl had regained consciousness. She is expected to survive her injuries, but she was airlifted to Children's Hospital as a precaution, Maguire said.
Traffic was backed up for about an hour while crews responded to the incident.
The CHP does not expect to file charges or issue citations in connection with the incident, Maguire said.
I-80, pinole, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 53 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
53 min ago