East Bay News
14-year-old girl jumps from moving car on I-80
PINOLE, CA -- A 14-year-old girl was airlifted to Children's Hospital in Oakland on Thursday evening after she jumped out of a moving car on Interstate Highway 80 in Pinole during an argument with her father, California Highway Patrol Officer Tom Maguire said today.
The girl was in an argument with her father at about 5:15 p.m. on westbound Highway 80 east of Appian Way.
Her father, a 57-year-old San Pablo man, pulled over to the right shoulder and had slowed the car to about 10 mph when the girl jumped out, Maguire said.
She sustained several lacerations and was knocked unconscious when she landed.
Her father stopped and called for help. By the time emergency crews arrived, the girl had regained consciousness. She is expected to survive her injuries, but she was airlifted to Children's Hospital as a precaution, Maguire said.
Traffic was backed up for about an hour while crews responded to the incident.
The CHP does not expect to file charges or issue citations in connection with the incident, Maguire said.
I-80, pinole, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...