East Bay News
Dead body found behind Walgreens in Pinole
PINOLE, CA (KGO) -- A man's body was found Sunday afternoon behind a shopping center in Pinole. Police say the body was found partially clothed and face down in a creek behind the Walgreens store on Pinole Valley Road.
Detectives could be seen in the creek, which separates a neighborhood from the Pinole Valley Shopping Center, examining the body which was discovered around 2 p.m.
Police say a passerby noticed the body of a man lying face down in the water with part of his body still on the creek bed. He was partially clothed in black, missing a shoe and a sock. Officials say the man had shoulder-length salt-and-pepper hair and appeared to be in his late 20s to late 30s.
Investigators are trying to figure out how long the body had been in that location and also how the body got there. The level of the creek over the past couple days could offer some clues as to whether the body washed down the creek or was dumped.
"It's been that low since Friday," said neighbor DeAngelo Wilson. "Me and my neighbor walked over to the Walgreens here and it's been that low since Friday, ever since school let out. We walk past that thing like almost every day."
The area is being treated as a crime scene but so far, police have not been able to determine if the incident is actually a homicide.
pinole, crime, east bay news, alan wang
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
9 min ago
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos