East Bay News
Autopsy to determine cause of student-athlete death
EL SOBRANTE, CA (KGO) -- An autopsy is being performed to determine what caused an East Bay high school basketball player to suddenly die.
Joshua Ellison of El Sobrante died at the hospital on Friday after the 17-year-old collapsed during a school basketball game.
The coach for the Calvary Christian Academy says Ellision was one of the fittest players.
Ellison had played the first five minutes of a game at this fitness gym in Richmond, then went to the bench. That's when he suddenly lost consciousness and never recovered.
east bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos