East Bay News
Autopsy to determine cause of student-athlete death
EL SOBRANTE, CA (KGO) -- An autopsy is being performed to determine what caused an East Bay high school basketball player to suddenly die.
Joshua Ellison of El Sobrante died at the hospital on Friday after the 17-year-old collapsed during a school basketball game.
The coach for the Calvary Christian Academy says Ellision was one of the fittest players.
Ellison had played the first five minutes of a game at this fitness gym in Richmond, then went to the bench. That's when he suddenly lost consciousness and never recovered.
east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights 15 min ago
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's 8 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday