East Bay News
Officials checks for spill following barge fire
SAN FRANCISCO -- Firefighters put out a fire that damaged a barge Tuesday evening and may have caused a hazardous spill in the Bay north of Pittsburg, a dispatcher with the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District said.
Crews responded to reports of fire on a barge located in the water off of McAvoy Road at around 5:30 p.m., the dispatcher said. The fire was declared under control at around 6:30 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
The possibility that fuel spilled from the barge into the Bay during the fire will send hazardous materials teams to monitor the area some time today, U.S. Coast Guard officials said.
fire, bay point, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos