East Bay News
Officials checks for spill following barge fire
SAN FRANCISCO -- Firefighters put out a fire that damaged a barge Tuesday evening and may have caused a hazardous spill in the Bay north of Pittsburg, a dispatcher with the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District said.
Crews responded to reports of fire on a barge located in the water off of McAvoy Road at around 5:30 p.m., the dispatcher said. The fire was declared under control at around 6:30 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
The possibility that fuel spilled from the barge into the Bay during the fire will send hazardous materials teams to monitor the area some time today, U.S. Coast Guard officials said.
fire, bay point, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued